About NORTH Link
NORTH Link at a glance
Industry engagement is a key focus for NORTH Link. Through its database of over 5000 business contacts, NORTH Link communicates regularly with local businesses and organisations of all sizes. NORTH Link is an incorporated association overseen by a Board of Management that includes representatives from business, education, health and local government.
The range of activities undertaken by NORTH Link demonstrates its commitment to assisting businesses and driving growth across one of Australia’s fastest growing regions.
- We hold seminars and workshops featuring industry professionals to drive innovation, add value to businesses and encourage new technologies. Find our future events here.
- We provide tailored Jobs Victoria services that support and connect jobseekers and employers throughout the region.
- We host networking opportunities across Melbourne’s north, from tours of local facilities to the Northern Business Achievement Awards breakfasts.
- We strengthen relationships between stakeholders in Melbourne’s north and facilitate connections to benefit the region.
- We conduct high quality research that underpins advocacy and actions to grow business capability and jobs across Melbourne’s north.
- We place tertiary students into organisations on internships and workplace projects to build business capability.
- We work collaboratively to advocate for the region and influence senior decision makers and state and federal government policy in the best interests of Melbourne’s north.
An independent association that promotes Melbourne’s north.
To facilitate actions that support the sustainable economic development of Melbourne’s north.
NORTH Link facilitates comprehensive research projects that highlight key issues facing Melbourne’s north.
This research has identified gaps and opportunities that contribute to developing the economy of Melbourne’s north, adding value to the region through evidence-based projects.
Read more about research here.
NORTH Link facilitates work placement opportunities for tertiary students. Students have a wealth of knowledge, skills, expertise and understanding of trends that businesses can use to improve their capability.
Benefits for business:
- opportunity to complete a workplace project that is outside daily activities.
- exposure to new ideas, knowledge, skills and trends.
- low risk way to get knowledge about a part of their business they may be lacking.
- chance to scope out the necessity of hiring new staff.
Benefits for students:
- invaluable opportunity to gain workplace experience and enhance personal skills.
- chance to put theoretical knowledge into practice.
- experience to put on a resume that may help future employment opportunities.
- development of industry networks.