Engage Community + Industry
The Engage Community + Industry priority workforce project is delivered by NORTH Link and supported by the Victorian Government through Jobs Victoria. The project will create 80 job placements in the retail, logistics, hospitality, and services sectors.
Jobs on offer will be permanent full-time and part-time with a minimum requirement of 19-hours per week. All jobs are ongoing with support and mentoring provided during and after the program to give participants every chance of success.
The project is open to Victorian jobseekers (18 years and over) entitled to work as Australian citizens, permanent residents, temporary residents, and refugee and humanitarian visa holders from the following cohorts:
- Women aged 45 years and over.
- Young people aged under 25.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- People with a disability.
- Long-term unemployed people or at risk of long-term unemployment.
- People seeking asylum and refugees.
- Newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Public and social housing tenants.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people (experiencing barriers to employment).
- Single parents.
Jobseekers not currently working must be available for 19 hours per week unless the person has a disability.
Jobseekers must be entitled to work as an:
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian temporary resident
- refugee and humanitarian visa holders with work entitlements.
How jobseekers will be supported:
- Up to two weeks of paid pre-employment training, provided as appropriate.
- Support to obtain relevant pre-employment checks.
- Coaching and case management to overcome barriers.
- Material supports including PPE and travel.
- Placement with a suitable employer.
Post-employment support involves site visits to assess progress and address any issues, including referral to other support services where necessary.
The paid training provided will equip jobseekers with transferable skills that are applicable across the employment sectors.
Engage Community + Industry is funded by Jobs Victoria. Jobs Victoria Priority Workforce Projects are:
- supporting businesses and industries to recruit the staff they need
- connecting employers with a supported workforce of job-ready and local candidates
- assisting with funds to recruit, train and support eligible employees.
Looking for staff?
The Priority Workforce Projects work with employers who are:
- committed to providing opportunities to people who need extra support to find work
passionate about growing the workforce in their sector
able to offer secure and inclusive roles of at least 12 months to candidates from priority groups.
If this sounds like you, we can connect you to a pipeline of pre-screened local candidates who have undertaken industry training or are currently enrolled in a relevant qualification. They will also have a dedicated mentor to support them, and you, in the role.
Additional employer benefits
- Six days of work placement paid for by the program.
- PPE provided to each jobseeker.
- Paid buddy support.
- Funding for pre-employment checks.