Melbourne’s Manufacturing Jobs and Training
The NORTH Link Manufacturing Priority Workforce Project is delivered by NORTH Link and supported by the Victorian Government through Jobs Victoria. The project will create 150 job placements in manufacturing and related industries.
Jobs on offer will be permanent full-time and part-time with a minimum requirement of 19-hours per week. All jobs are ongoing with support and mentoring provided during and after the program to give participants every chance of success.
The project is open to Victorian jobseekers (18 years and over) entitled to work as Australian citizens, permanent residents, temporary residents, and refugee and humanitarian visa holders from the following cohorts:
Women aged 45 years and over.
Young people aged under 25.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
People with a disability.
Long-term unemployed people or at risk of long-term unemployment.
People seeking asylum and refugees.
Newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Public and social housing tenants.
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people (experiencing barriers to employment).
Jobseekers must be seeking to work a minimum of:
- 19-hours per week unless the person has a disability or provides constant care, in which case the job may be for *8-hours per week.
Jobseekers must be entitled to work as:
- Australian citizens
- Australian permanent residents
- Australian temporary residents
- refugee and humanitarian visa holders with work entitlements.
Looking for staff?
The Priority Workforce Projects work with employers who are:
- six days placement paid for by the program
- committed to providing opportunities to people who need extra support to find work
passionate about growing the workforce in their sector
able to offer secure and inclusive roles of at least 12 months to candidates from priority groups.
If this sounds like you, we can connect you to a pipeline of pre-screened local candidates who have undertaken industry training or are currently enrolled in a relevant qualification. They will also have a dedicated mentor to support them, and you, in the role.
Additional employer benefits
- PPE provided to each jobseeker.
- Funding for pre-employment checks.