Engage Community + Industry
The Engage Community + Industry priority workforce project is delivered by NORTH Link and supported by the Victorian Government through Jobs Victoria. The project will create 80 job placements in the retail, logistics, hospitality, and services sectors.
Jobs on offer will be permanent full-time and part-time with a minimum requirement of *19-hours per week. All jobs are ongoing with support and mentoring provided during and after the program to give participants every chance of success.
The project is open to Victorian jobseekers (18 years and over) entitled to work as Australian citizens, permanent residents, temporary residents, and refugee and humanitarian visa holders from the following cohorts:
Women aged 45 years and over
Young people aged under 25
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
People with a disability
Long-term unemployed people / at risk of long-term unemployment
People seeking asylum and refugees
Newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people (experiencing barriers to employment)
Those recently exited the justice system
Jobseekers currently working must be available to work 10 hours or more, capped at 38 hours per week.
Jobseekers not currently working must be available for 19 hours per week unless the person has a disability.
Jobseekers must be entitled to work as an:
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian temporary resident
- Refugee and humanitarian visa holders with work entitlements
The process for the intake is:
- Up to two weeks of ‘earn and learn’ pre-employment training, provided as appropriate
- Support to obtain relevant pre-employment checks
- Coaching and case management to overcome barriers
- Material supports including PPE and travel
- Placement with a suitable employer
Post-employment support involves site visits to assess progress and address any issues, including referral to other support services where necessary.
The paid training provided will equip jobseekers with transferable skills that are applicable across the employment sectors.
Engage Community + Industry is funded by Jobs Victoria. Jobs Victoria Priority Workforce Projects are:
- Supporting businesses and industries to recruit the staff they need
- Connecting employers with a supported workforce of job-ready and local candidates
- Assisting with funds to recruit, train and support eligible employees.