La Trobe University are looking for Community Health organisations willing to host undergraduate or masters level Public Health students on a placement.
Key topics of knowledge the students have from their degree include:
- Systems thinking
- Understanding how the systems in our society are intrinsically linked to the health of individual people.
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Gathering and interpreting health data, and improving health outcomes for the community.
- Approaches to public health
- Understanding how theoretical principles can help solve public health problems.
- Policy and practice
- Knowing how to create policies that can improve health outcomes and develop practices that promote better health in the community.
- Development of the confidence to lead public health initiatives.
Any organisations interested can contact James Wallace on 0406 500 240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.